Re: [sell-3d] R: > Subject: WTB: 500 Watt halogen bulbs for TDC 116

  • From: Klaas Morcus <k.morcus@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [sell-3d] R: > Subject: WTB: 500 Watt halogen bulbs for TDC 116
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 19:45:40 -0700

Sergio Baldissara wrote:

> >    From: Klaas Morcus <k.morcus@xxxxxx>
> > The evening in May on which I'll show for the first time in my life
> > some  stereo slides on my TDC 116 (with a very heavy transformer 220V ->
> > 112 V) to some Dutch stereo enthusiasts comes rapidly nearer. Until now
> > I always used viewers. The images of the TDC 116 could be a bit brighter
> > so I think I'll have to substitute the bulbs by halogen bulbs.
> > Of course I can ask the well known addresses and pay $ 34.- for each
> > bulb (or perhaps price is already raised) but perhaps one of you can
> > sell them for a bit less?
> > Thanks for any advice!
>
> Klaas, my advice is: "don't repeat MY mistakes!"
> I realized (too late) that having the fan engine changed is easy, is cheaper
> than a bulky & heavy power tranformer, and makes life easier: you could use
> 220V lamps, widely available here in Europe!
> Sergio

> Avoid the lines and visit avis.com for quick and easy online
> reservations. Enjoy a compact car nationwide for only $29 a day!
> Click here for more details.
Thanks very much for this advice Sergio. I got the transformer for free!

I did not know that changing the fan engine is rather simple. Perhaps
you have some advice on this?

Something different: I recently became the very happy owner of a Realist
61 stereo projector! Very beautiful machine,in original case and with
original manual. It gives a great image which is remarkably brighter
than that of the TDC 116 however the rotating of the slide carrier is
not complete so I'll have to corrigate after every slide for rotation
error......

Klaas

--
mailto:k.morcus@xxxxxx