[sell-3d] Seller Policy

  • From: Brenda Nowlan <bknowlan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [sell-3d] Seller Policy
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 09:09:44 -0400

Recently, I purchased an item (corner rounder for my stereo
cards) from a private seller on the internet.  I kept
missing out on the ebay auctions.  The seller sent the item
UPS.  In my area, UPS is not the greatest.  It got
misdelivered.  The seller was obviously not as motivated to
track it as I was as he already had my money +15.00 in
shipping.  It got to the point of having to make a claim.
UPS said only he could do it.  He said he would send another
corner rounder (he had more) to me when he got the check
from UPS.  I asked him politely:
> Glenn, just curious.  Since you already have my payment,
why not go ahead
> and send the corner rounder?  UPS owes you for one, I've
already paid for
> mine quite awhile ago.

His response:
>You know ups can screw up delivery.  They can screw up
billing and
>payment even better.

>I've got it all boxed up and will ship out as soon as the
check arrives.

So a month later, I got another from him after he got his
check from UPS.  He states on his web site that he treats
people the way he likes to be treated.  I think that I would
have sent out another (if I had one) immediately or sent a
refund immediately.

Since there are a few sellers on this list (both businesses
and private individuals), I was wondering what policy others
would consider appropriate?

Thank you,
Brenda