RE: [sell-3d] UPDATED - Re: PRICE REDUCTIONS!! Re: 13 Varied 3D Publications For Sale!!

  • From: "Dan Shelley" <dshelley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [sell-3d] UPDATED - Re: PRICE REDUCTIONS!! Re: 13 Varied 3D Publications For Sale!!
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 11:50:32 MDT

Gabriel writes:

>>I can't believe no one wants new copies of Rusty Norton's Stereoviews
>>Illustrated Volume I...<deleted>
>
>Maybe not too many people know about it? I don't. I bet if you put up some
>pictures and examples from the book, it would be snapped up! :)

Good point Gabriel. I assumed everyone did know about this book...my fault!
=)

This book is an amazing collection of 50 stereovies reproduced one per page
in quality duotones - so that even under high magnification, they do not
look like printed copies!! You can see the cover of the book here:

http://www.dddesign.com/3dbydan/3dbooks/stvwsilu.gif

Normal retail for this book is usually $18.95 to 22.95. It is wire bound to
lay flat for optimum viewing. It includes a lorgnette viewer. It was written
by stereoview collector and dealer extrordinaire, Russell (Rusty) Norton. It
was printed in 1994 and contains 50 stereoviews of United States Social life
and customs from 1865-1918.

If you should happen to find, and be able to buy the original stereocards
presented here, they would be valued at about $10,000 or more today. The
images include Walt Whitman, 1880; the 1872 Allegheny City Flood, Ex-Pres.
Andrew Johnson's 1875 funeral, an 1872 N.Y. Shaker School, miners of 1880 &
$45,000 of silver bricks, the final fate of an 1881 horse thief & murderer,
a pile of baby alligators, 1872; a woman in 1872 with floor length hair, and
many more extraordinary images from 1863 to 1889.

The book includes a little bit of text, freeviewing instructions, a
photographers index and a guide to the values of the views at the time of
printing.