[sell-3d] Opportunity, FS: ORIGINAL Starosta stereo slides

  • From: boris@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [sell-3d] Opportunity, FS: ORIGINAL Starosta stereo slides
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 22:16:01 -0500

Hello:

Within the next two weeks I will begin working with a new model.  When
shooting any model, I always shoot extra originals for her - original
slides that constitute part of her payment.  As long as I know who is
getting originals out of a session, I can always shoot enough extras...

Ordinarily I do not sell my originals.  When shooting slides as I do, the
originals are the "negatives."  They have the highest possible image
quality - with a sharpness and intensity of color that cannot be reproduced
any other way.

When I shoot dupes "in camera" - that is, when I shoot extras - these may
be similar to one another, but each will be unique and irreplaceable.  They
represent members of a _very_ limited edition.

Thus I offer this opportunity, limited to one participant. For a pledge of
$200 in support of the photography of my new model, I will produce for you
ten original stereo slides (35mm, 2x2x2), each one dated, signed and marked
original.  You need not pay in advance; only after I have prepared ten good
originals.  In fact, I cannot guarantee that I will be able to produce ten
good originals for you out of just the first session (I will not send you
what I feel is substandard).  Also, if you are not satisfied with any of
the originals, you may return them.  In that case, you can wait for a
second session with the model to produce the remaining slides, or we can
negotiate giving you some originals from older work.

Bonus: the participant who pays $200 and receives his ten originals will
also receive a copy of any published slide set from the new model's
sessions.  That's a set of ten dupes of her best slides, that ordinarily
retails for $60.  These I would send you down the line - whenever her set
of slides is published.  Again, I cannot guarantee that this given model
will be published, but if for some reason a set will not be published, then
I can send your choice one of my existing model sets in stock.

Just to give you an idea of time scales involved:  I worked three sessions
with Betty, over the course of two months, before I felt I had enough super
shots to make and publish her first set.  So your participation may require
patience;  but also remember, I do not require payment of your pledge until
ten good originals are ready for you.

Again, for this model's first session (or until the first participants'
pledge is satisfied), this opportunity will be limited to one participant:

$200.00 for ten original 2x2x2 slides, plus one published duped slide set.

I hope one of you will come forward and help financially jump start my
efforts to photograph this girl.

Thank you,

Boris

- What is natural and what is beautiful are, in their purest state,
- indistinguishable.
-                                     - David Bayles & Ted Orland
-                                       from the book _Art & Fear_

Boris Starosta, big chief             boris@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dynamic Symmetry, LLC                 http://www.starosta.com
usa - 804 979 3930                    http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase

Currently showing at The Observatory. Info: ...3dshowcase/technobot.html

eGroups eLerts