[sell-3d] Bausch & Lomb Unusual Vintage Stereoscope in ebay

  • From: "Dr. George A. Themelis" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [sell-3d] Bausch & Lomb Unusual Vintage Stereoscope in ebay
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 19:02:55 -0500

I have just listed in eaby this interesting optical instrument:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1212350226

It is designed clearly designed as a stereoscope with a septum
separating the right and left side. But it has a glass at the
bottom as if it was made for transparencies. Possibly it was
made for eye testing.

It is labeled BAUSCH & LOMB OPTICAL CO. Rochester NY, Patent
App'd 1460

HERE ARE A FEW MORE UNUSUAL FEATURES:

The lenses appear to be a single-element concave piece of glass.
There are two controls per eyepiece. One rotates the lenses. The
other adjusts the interocular spacing of the lenses. Each lens
is graduated with a scale from + to -2.0. The (adjustable) spacing
of the lenses is also marked with a 40 at the center. I do not know
what the rotation of the lenses achieves.

The glass table is also graduated with a mm scale from 60 to 0 and
then to 120.

I would like to hear from anyone who knows something about this
unusual optical stereoscopic device.

George Themelis
mailto:DrT-3d@xxxxxxx

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups