[sell-3d] Two unsual stereoview items in ebay....

  • From: "Dr. George A. Themelis" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [sell-3d] Two unsual stereoview items in ebay....
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 06:39:03 -0500

These auctions close today... Even if you do not want to
bid, you might want to see some unusual stereoview items.

- RR Whiting SCULPTOSCOPE - RARE stereoscope!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1214231526

I asked about this and was able to negotiate a sale
and now I am offering it for sale in ebay.  It is a
mechanical sequential stereoscope.  You insert a penny
and by pressing the trigger you go through 15 stereoviews.
(I think the machine stores a total of 60).  Unfortunately,
it only accepts a certain type of views made specifically
for the machine, but I can see how one can modify his
own views to fit here.

Right now the bidding is at my reserve, $750... I was
led to believe that these go for around $750-$1000,
depending on cosmetic condition.  I think mine is almost
museum quality.

- RARE Stereoview Set: GRANITE

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=559578857

These are 15 Stereo views (possibly a complete set or missing
one view) dealing with Granite.  Quite a few pictures are from
a quarry in West Quincy, Massachusetts.  The set carries a
copyright by Underwood & Underwood.

Now, in my mind this set is equivalent to an earlier set
called "Lime", taken at Rockland Maine.  The Lime set
closed for an incredibly high amount last week and, as
it turns out, the entire Rockland Maine Historical Society
was behind the purchace.  In this case however, and judging
from the $74.60 high bid, the Quincy Historical Society does
not appear to be as interested in this set as much as the
Rockland Maine Historical Society was :)

Thank you for looking/reading.

George Themelis

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details