[sell-3d] Large Format Stereo Camera for sale

  • From: Sam <3dhacker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [sell-3d] Large Format Stereo Camera for sale
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 19:55:00 -0700

Hi all,

I've just listed one of my old standbys on ebay.

The URL is: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1217994955

This is a 5X7" format stereo camera for taking 3 1/4"wide stereo pairs. It
is great for making your own stereoscope views. Beautiful as it is, I still
consider this a USER stereo camera rather than one that sits on a shelf. I
have used this one over the years and know that it is capable of great
stereo images. The body is a Korona. The 120mm (approx) Bausch & Lomb
lenses were made by the Blair Camera Co. for the Weno. They have apertures
between f:8 and f:128. These lenses are sharp, crisp and free of obvious
scratches. The shutter and aperture controls function properly. The bellows
are original and in good shape. They and have been restored professionally
to cover up any pinholes. Two modern 5x7 film holders are included. This
camera has all the original tilt and pan functions, as well as a rising
front. There is a stereo septum inside the chamber. You can remove the
septum and use this camera as a mono camera, although no mono lens is
included.

I am hoping this camera goes to something interested in TAKING stereo
photographs, as it's what the camera is meant for! For anyone who wants to
make their own stereo card similar to the ones on the Victorian Era, this
is for you. The negatives are simply contact printed, so no enlarger is
required.

Please email me if you have any questions.

Sam