T3D Re: Iris Placement (TECH-3D digest 236)

  • From: "Bob Howard" <bobh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: Iris Placement (TECH-3D digest 236)
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 10:15:24 +8

RE: John B. and William Carter discussion of camera lens on
microscope eyepiece etc. I though the best way was to remove camera
lens altogether and using a cone or other light baffle project the
eyepiece image directly onto film? Of course if you have a simple
minded camera with a fixed lens (like some digital ones) then you are
stuck to worrying about an iris.
By the way John B. had you ever heard of a book I just found in the
used book shop which studies vision mechanisms with their relevance
to robot and computerized sensing??? It is titled simply "Vision" by
David Marr. Published by W. H. Freeman & Co. NYC and Oxford England
(I thought they were in San Francisco..Scientific American book
publishers?)  ISBN 0-7167-1567-8 copyright 1982.
David Marr 1945-1980 late of MIT it says.  BobH