T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 245

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 245
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 18:23:48 -0400

Tim Maffia sez-

> 5248 is a camera original film stock and I think you would want an Interneg
> film stock. It is finer grained and designed with this type of applicaation in
> mind.

Tim you know your stuff! I've shot thousands of feet of 5248 and while
it is an excellent negative film for cine original it is not intended
nor would it be ideal for duplication. Further, I'd question the notion
that mirroring the motion picture process is the way to go and suggest
that you may be better served with Ektachrome Slide Dup stock, which is
a much closer gamma match for color reversal. Motion picture film is 12+
stop stuff with far different contrast characteristics than the films
you are looking to duplicate. Additionally, motion picture duplication
includes many more steps and generations than you are likely to need...

Eastman Tech support (Toll Free 800 information will help you or via the
web) will guide you to the correct duplicating stock...

Eric G.