T3D Re: Digital resolution

  • From: jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Gabriel Jacob)
  • Subject: T3D Re: Digital resolution
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 22:56:10 -0500 (EST)

John Ohrt writes
>You could argue that.

Okay. ;-)

>However, the are a lot of different perceptions.

True.

>For example, I prefer printed text output and schematics because that is
>how I learned to deal with the world.  But for photos, nothing beats a
>good calibrated monitor!!!

Is that the only reason you prefer printed matter for text and schematics?
Seems to me it's very black and white ;-) that text and schematics from
a printer offers much higher resolution (albeit x-y, which are the only
factors in the above example) than a monitor.

As for the z factor, relatively we can distinguish quite a few levels but
absolutely I think it's much lower. Don't know what the numbers are but
nonetheless point well taken. :-)

Gabriel