T3D Re: Olympus DL-600 in stereo.

  • From: Bob Wier <wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: Olympus DL-600 in stereo.
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 21:53:10 -0600

At 8:05 PM -0700 on 2/2/98, David Glick wrote:

|> what is the width of this Olympus camera?
|
|According to Olympus at
|http://www.olympusamerica.com/digital/products/600L/600L.html
|it's 4.5 inches wide.
|
|The March issue of Popular Photography used it in a comparison of film to
|digital photography.  They remarked that it looks just like the Olympus
|IS-20 DLX 35mm camera.
|
|Dave Glick

I'll have to check that out. It's clearly too wide for a side by side
arrangement, but possibly a base to base would work. Since I now know
what the equivalent film camera is (thanks!), maybe I can find one at a shop
to measure from the base plate to the center of the lens (although I'd
be surprised if it were as small as normal inter-ocular spacing/2...).

THANKS

               Bob Wier
         mailto:wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  09:52 PM  Monday, February 2, 1998
     Rocky Mountain College, Billings MT.
 keeper of the Photo-3d and Overland-Trails
mailing lists and the USA GPS Waypoint server