T3D Re: Greg W. and RBT Zooms (TECH-3D digest 291)

  • From: "Bob Howard" <bobh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: Greg W. and RBT Zooms (TECH-3D digest 291)
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 00:32:06 +8

RE: Greg is right about two things for which I apologize. One, my use
of this generations phrase 'zooms suck' by me is out of place since I
never use such a term normally and shouldn't have here. Two, I have
not seen or used a RBT zoom camera but know a lot about lenses and
their design difficulties, and know what a task it would be to get
matched focal lengths over a zoom ratio (including cams and barrel
markings), so was suspecious.
I will certainly give RBT credit for making stereo cameras as a unit,
since few exist other than the FED and some lenticular cameras.  BobH