T3D flashing film

  • From: boris@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Boris Starosta)
  • Subject: T3D flashing film
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 13:55:14 -0400 (EDT)

In P3D digest 2704, Ron Labbe wrote:

>I use Kodak Vericolor III 5026
>It's better than straight neg film, but will gain contrast without flashing
>or other controls

Can you tell us a little more about flashing the film, please?

If you are duping a slide, say 36 times (one roll), I expect the thing to
do is to go through and flash each frame first, then rewind the film and
shoot the slide to be duped.  Is that how you do it?  (Or I suppose one
could unroll the film in a dark room, and then turn the lights on BRIEFLY -
that would make the amount of flash rather difficult to control)

How do you decide on the amount of flash.  Is it a subjective judgement
based on the density of the slide to be duped, or are there guides based on
the main exposure the slide will be given?

Thanks for the info,

Boris

Boris Starosta

usa 804 979 3930