T3D P3D negative lens for distance

  • From: Bob Wier <wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D P3D negative lens for distance
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 15:44:36 -0600

I'm reposting this in tech-3d since there are a few people
here who are not subscribed to photo-3d. Drop a note to
Mark if you have any suggestions on this and please cc to
one or the other of the lists.

THANKS

--Bob Wier

=== forwarded from shields@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>From: SHIELDS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>To: Multiple recipients of list <photo-3d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: P3D negative lens for distance
>
>Hi!
>
>I've not gotten any response yet about a distance lens for a Nimslo--it
>did occur to me that, since glasses have already been used as closeup
>lenses for the Nimslo, why not talk to an optician? So I did, and the
>first one seemed willing to try making something for me. The trouble is,
>even though I know it needs to be a negative lens, I don't know how
>strong I should ask for. I would think not very--the distance lens for
>my 16II wasn't very strong. The Nimslo has prime focus at 9 ft.
>
>Any thoughts, formulas, etc. would be appreciated!
>
>Mark Shields

--deleted...

--- Bob Wier

  --- wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ---