T3D forensic photography

  • From: Bob Wier <wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D forensic photography
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 22:49:23 -0600

Here's a message I also sent to photo-3d, but again would like
to make sure that those on tech-3d but not on photo-3d also
have the opportunity to comment (twice in one day ... a record!).
=====

On another of the mailing lists I run, there is a discussion about
bringing out faded inscriptions on rock surfaces. Recently a
technique came to light (slight pun) about using a "polarized strobe"
to bring up otherwise faded and/or invisible markings.

Although I know about infra-red and possibly ultra-violet techniques,
has anyone here heard and/or know about this technique? (It occurs to
me that if one where to take a stereo pic of a surface with two different
polarizer orientations, one *might* come up with a surface where any
inscriptions would literally leap off the rock at you...)

THANKS

--Bob Wier

wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--- Bob Wier