T3D Re: Pulfrich Effect Timing Measurement

  • From: Dave Combs <dcombs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: Pulfrich Effect Timing Measurement
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 98 10:37:09 -0000

>>I have been unable to locate anyone who has documented the "darkened eye
>>delay time" involved in Pulfrich Video.
>
>Actually, I'm pretty sure that it's been done.  What you end up with is a
>function relating delay time to filter density.  I'm pretty sure we had a
>discussion about this a long time ago (2 years? 3?), it might be findable
>in the archives...
I have searched through the archives and found a lot of discussion but no
evidence that anyone has actually developed the mathematical function or
even plotted a graph of the delay/density relationship. I did find a
mention of a book entitled, "Foundations of Cyclopean Perception" by
Julesz which purports to have some info about Pulfrich. If someone has a
copy of this book, would you be so kind as to see if the author address
the Pulfrich delay function?

Dave Combs
Combs Music
421 Cedar Trail