T3D Realist sorting flashes

  • From: fj834@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Dr. George A. Themelis)
  • Subject: T3D Realist sorting flashes
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:54:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hey, the list is alive!  Yes Tom, the famous John Bercovitz is here,
and so am I, so better take your earplugs off.

On the question of the Realist sorting the flash, this is happening
as you insert the flash because the flash shoe is metal and will
short the flash contacts.  Once you have inserted the flash, there
is no problem because the two contacts are separated.

Another Realist flash tip:  The hot shoe is sitting in a position
that you usually have to insert some stop to prevent the flash from
being inserted all the way in.  Usually, when the flash is inserted
all the way in the hot contact misses the flash contact.  Ron
Zakowski inserts a pair of metal balls. I put a piece of wood from
a toothpick.  This applies only if you put the flash directly into
the Realist shoe (after filing off the bump).

Best regards to all "techies" (even Tom!)

George Themelis