T3D Re: UW housings

That is to say, maximum depth of field.  I don't really need a camera
capable of shooting the horizon at infinity, do I?

Nope...the reason is that flash underwater is useless past a certain point.
a favorite light source for many is 3B flashbulbs. Up close, they provide
all the light you need. also, flash exposures are determined by experience
with bulbs. for example, anywhere there is an underwater recess such as a
ledge or a cave, you can end up with too much light and overexposures.

RM