T3D Re: e-microscope pairs

  • From: john bercovitz <bercov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: e-microscope pairs
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 18:51:26 -0700

I'm looking at a graph I downloaded off Kodak's site
that shows the spectral sensitivity of Kodachrome 25.
The ordinate is log sensitivity and the abscissa is
wavelength in nanometers.  The cyan-forming layer
has a peak sensitivity of +0.5 at 650 nm and has a
sensitivity of -2 at 500 and 700 nm.  The magenta-
forming layer has a peak sensitivity of +0.5 at 565
nm and a sensitivity of -2 at 615 and 460 nm.  The
"yellow"-forming layer has a peak sensitivity of +1
at 425 nm and a sensitivity of -2 at 540 nm.  Zo...
It looks to me like you would want to use colors
which are made by the cyan- and yellow-forming
layers and which are not mutual to the two of them.
However, I don't know what to do about the sensitivity
of the magenta-forming layer other than to try to stay
outside of it as best one can.

John B