T3D Re: tech-3d digest #517, Pt.3/3, PLEASE RESPOND OFF-LIST

  • From: ddd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: T3D Re: tech-3d digest #517, Pt.3/3, PLEASE RESPOND OFF-LIST
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 15:01:56 -0400 (EDT)

<As the first two posts of my reply appeared
in my new mail immediately, and this third part has not,
I re-send it. Apologies if it is duplicated.>

[Continued from above:]

To address the rest of the most recent posting by Mr. Dottle:
<Mr. Dottle, (continued from above):>
>... It came as a shock to read such hatred directed
>toward me, and I became immediately concerned due to
>the anonymity of the message. I re-read my own messages
>posted to P3d that week to try to determine what it was
>I may have said or done to> encourage such an attack.
>( Well...ok, so I tell some lousy jokes once in a while
>;-)) I was so startled by his message that I immediately
>erased it. ( I didn't want Karen to read it and become upset)
>Hindsight tells me I should have >forwarded the message to
>list moderators for >diciplinary action, and since the message
>was sent directly, I felt I probably had no recourse anyhow. I
>sent <snip of personal info>
>an apology for whatever it was I may have said and I
>received no further response. I feel a person who casts
>stones of hatred should be identified. Take
>responsibility for the things you say! I have offended
>some, argued with some, praised some ( a single person
>may have had it all 3 ways ) but I will....and everyone
>should.....sign your name and be responsible. If you
>cannot do this, your words carry no merit whatsoever.

'A shock,' Mr. Dottle?
'Such hatred,' Mr. Dottle?
The shock was to see someone writing so irresponsibly
in light of recent events, as per your 'joke' of being shot.
And your perception of 'hatred' has now been shown to be
entirely a construction of your twisted imagination, as there
can be no possible question of my intentions toward you as being other
than verbal, with no threat to your or your partner's well-being
implied or inferred.
   I would find your apparent feigning of concern for your partner
Karen's well-being at exposure to my apparently toxic-to-yourself
words (a further ridiculous scenario) laughable were it not so
pitifully obvious an attempt to garner sympathy for your view,
and in light of your exposure as a charlatan above, all the
more ridiculous an apparent attempt to seek vendetta against
me personally for 'telling you off.' (Your partner *is* able to
think for herself, no? [Though I would now question *anyones*
choice to spend time with you...] ) Your actions are those of a
petty and infantile person, and have been exposed as such.
Our posts are now out here for the examination
of all parties to whom you have involved, and I feel
that I have adequately proven you to be all the things
I say.

Furthermore, your continued denial of any offensive
transgression against the memories of the families of
shooting victims *in general* is further proof of my
assertions that you are indeed a vile and reprehensible
being, and of my justification of viewpoint regarding you
and your posts.
  *Especially* in light of your unwarranted and
unwelcome release of my personal information that I
alone have the right to control. Your personal view-
point of what is or is not 'acceptable' identifying
behavior online neither matters to the world,
internet, or even this *group*, nor is it the
standard operating procedure of the 'real world' as it
applies to the internet.
   And the words that truly carry no merit, Mr. Dottle,
are the ones that lie or attempt to sway without proof.
I, sir, have just supplied the proof for *my* arguments;
You gave in my opinion only slanderous tripe and illegal
actions to support yourself.

  How would you like it if I found every bit of your
personal information as there is to be known and
released it to the world via the internet? If you
believe a person should sign their name to every post,
why not their social security number? Or their home
address and telephone number? Or their childrens' names
and school addresses and room numbers?

   The right of personal information is mine alone to
control, with the given exception of the event of an
illegal or improper posting, of which there *are* none,
and then it becomes a matter for proper authorities. And
I dare say that you are *NOT* a proper authority, nor
have you *any* authority or right to intervene in the
matters of my personal identity.

As such, I request the moderator of this group to ban
you from any futher possibilities of abuse of an
individual's rights before you behave any more, in my
opinion, 'criminally.'
And, Mr. Dottle, rest assured that I *will* examine any
possibilities of legal recourse against your actions.
'Take responsibility for the things you say', indeed,...

To the group, I apologise once again for this lengthy
discourse, and encourage any further discussion of this
to be off-group, as I realise that this is not the
appropriate forum for this type of thing.

However, I *will* continue to defend myself when
attacked publicly, no matter what the forum, as I feel
that I have adequately done above.

The matter with Mr. Dottle will be continued off-group.

Thank you for your patience.

ddd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx