T3D TECH-3D digest 560

William Carter's info on Wratten filters is very welcome and #25 and #44a
coming to hand is awaited with interest.    His reference to Technicolor 2
reminded me of the suggestion of some that colour anaglyphs work in a
similar way to 2 colour photography.  If that were to be so, the colour
rendition limitations of the former might be easier to discover.   As I
understand it, only those colours. in a scene, that lay on a straight line
within the colour triangle can be accurately rendered i.e. most colours are
not accurately perceived and those at the ends of the visible spectrum
missing.  My impression is that colour anaglyphs, having the benefit of
colour film, do a little better than that.   Another point is that colour
rendition in 2 colour photography is noticeably better when the two
component images are in perfect registration.  Unfortunately, this cannot
be so for a colour anaglyph.