T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 570

  • From: Tom Hubin <thubin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 570
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 01:40:18 -0700

David Stone wrote:

> Re: Tom Hubin on T3D Wiring LED's.
>
> He mentions that he is experimenting with holography, presumably using an
> LED source. The association with colour also sounds intriguing.  I had
> always imagined that the output of an LED is insufficiently coherent to be
> of use for this purpose.  Are there special LED lamps for holography?
> Please tell more.
>
> David   Stone

My application is for illumination in slide viewers. However, somebody
at my client's office has made a hologram for the company logo. When I
look through it at a white LED a few feet away I can see the company
logo. So, I do not know if you can make a hologram with a white LED but
you can sure view a hologram with a white LED.

Tom Hubin
thubin@xxxxxxxxx