T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 583

  • From: lunazzi <lunazzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 583
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 05:24:31 -0700

> Subject: T3D Re: Realist's Price
>
> Jose,
>
> Does he want to buy the equipment, or is this a one-time project, or
> something only now and then, so that you could rent equipment and services
> (like scanning and digital cameras)?  Are you doing the actual work for
> this gentleman, or just advising him?
>
> Bruce Springsteen

First, thanks to the answers I already received. Second, I am giving assistance
to the person who wants to buy the equipment, and probably can buy it directly
in the USA.  He will take the pictures, first training with me, then going to
travel with the camera, sending digitally the pictures to me for selection and
anaglyphic processing at the computer.

As it is nicely explained in http://www.aifx.com/3D_LW_A.html  the Realist is
made as to leave the results easier for processing.  Twin cameras needs to be
properly aligned, permanently fixed, syncronized, and a vertical strip of the
frame should be removed, etc.  With a digital scanner and a few accessories, I
thin we could have a good result.

I hope it happens, and instigates people  to use 3D.

José