[tech-3d] Re: Stereo Base Calculation, Carrolleschery

  • From: "Abram Klooswyk" <abram.klooswyk@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: [tech-3d] Re: Stereo Base Calculation, Carrolleschery
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 22:42:11 -0000

Achilles: Hi, Tortoise! Tortoise: Hi, Achilles! I'm going to make a
stereopicture. I'm computing the optimum stereobase. My camera lens
focal length is  35 mm,  so the optimum deviation should not be
over 1.2 mm,  but certainly should be more than zero.
I have The Only Formula That Never Breaks Down, and The Spreadsheet
coming with it, but what deviation shall I put in?
A: I've brought today my deviation equation, an old, maybe obsolete
formula, but we can try it. T: Great!, I first turn on my phonograph.

T: So let's calculate  the stereobase with the formula
that never breaks down.  Let's put in focal length, far
point distance and near point distance.  What deviation
should I use as input ?
A: Well,  we know that  it should be somewhere between
zero and 1.2 mm,  but let's use my old, maybe  obsolete
equation to calculate  deviation.  We just put in focal
length, far point distance, near point distance and the
stereobase. The first three of those values we have got
only the stereobase is missing.
       T: So let's calculate  the stereobase with the formula
       that never breaks down.  Let's put in focal length, far
       point distance and near point distance.  What deviation
       should I use as input ?
       A: Well,  we know that  it should be somewhere between
       zero and 1.2 mm,  but let's use my old, maybe  obsolete
       equation to calculate  deviation.  We just put in focal
       length, far point distance, near point distance and the
       stereobase. The first three of those values we have got
       only the stereobase is missing.
                 T: So let's calculate  the stereobase with the form
                 that never breaks down.  Let's put in focal length,
                 point distance and near point distance.  What deviat
                 should I use as input ?
                 A: Well,  we know that  it should be somewhere betw
                 zero and 1.2 mm,  but let's use my old, maybe  obsol
                 equation to calculate  deviation.  We just put in fo
                 length, far point distance, near point distance and
                 stereobase. The first three of those values we have
                 only the stereobase is missing.
                           T: So let's calculate  the stereobase wit
                           that never breaks down.  Let's put in foca
                           point distance and near point distance. Wh
                           should I use as input ?
                           A: Well,  we know that  it should be some
                           zero and 1.2 mm,  but let's use my old, ma
                           equation to calculate  deviation.  We just
                           length, far point distance, near point dis
                           stereobase. The first three of those value
                           only the stereobase is missing.
                                     T: So let's calculate  the ster
                                     that never breaks down.  Let's p
                                     point distance and near point di