Re: [tech-3d] Holographic 3D NOT

  • From: Peter Homer <P.J.Homer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [tech-3d] Holographic 3D NOT
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 10:16:08 +0000

>Please change the subject. I like Holographs and the post has nothing to
>do with holography.
>
>Thanks
>
>Bob

Actualy I have already made my last reply directly to Proff Lunazzi and changed the subject title to Ancient American Mirrors. Also although I was one of the first to point out that a 3d reflection of an object from a concave mirror is not a  hologram, concave mirrors have been used to project holographic images
in much the same way. Furthermore one explanation of how holograms work is that they behave as concave mirrors, with a bleached white light reflection hologram for instance the multiple layers of exposed emulsion would actualy be curved because the wave front from the original object close to the plate would be strongly curved. Even with transmission holograms the curved surfaces are at angle because the reference beam would have come in at an angle so the light can still be though of as reflected by concave mirrors even though it is transmitted
through the plate. P.J.Homer

eGroups eLerts