Re: [tech-3d] Digest Number 41

  • From: "Don Lopp" <dlopp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [tech-3d] Digest Number 41
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 21:16:06 -0800

Miike thank you for taking the time to check me out Could you tell me what
the numbers would be for-- 75mm lens  for 75 feet to  with a i foot base,
100mmlens 100 feet to 3000 feet , one foot base and finally 135 mm lens -
135 fee to 4000ft with a one foot base ?
I realize that my symplistic plan would be worthless for close in stereo
such as when they tried to shoot stereo of tSports Illustrated models last
summer although common sense should have indicated  that itcould not be done
the way they attempted to do it allthough your system woul have indicated
whether there was a way they could do it . They were partially saved by
having some RBT 35mm cameras available though in my opinion the show
presented in Phoenix was , in my opinion,one of the lousiest 3D shows I have
ever seen at a NSA convention ( I am referring to the technical aspects of
the program -mostly too hyper). You are correct in assuming that I fine tune
my stereo base numbers based on previous experience such as any foreground
verticles or lack of foreground verticles or when verticles are only on
outer edges not in center( I believe that central verticles are not usefull
in my pictures- though not allways possible to avoid). A