Re: [tech-3d] "ortho" digression

  • From: Bruce Springsteen <bsspringsteen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [tech-3d] "ortho" digression
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 05:39:37 -0800 (PST)

--- John Toeppen <toeppen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Orthostereoscopic" is a good term but remember
> that it also refers to accomodation and field of view - not just the
> apparent angular proportions.

And not at all to "stereomagnification," the effect seen in "hyper-" or
"hypo-" stereo, that is, out-of human-scale stereo base in real scenes (as
opposed to imaginary ones, where "normal" scale becomes meaningless).
This terminological distinction according to the ISU glossary, if not in
conventional use.  "Normal" base + orthostereo viewing = "tautomorphic
stereo."  Right? ;-)

Bruce (You knew I was lurking.) Springsteen