more ir now?

  • From: filje@xxxxxxxx (p geller)
  • Subject: more ir now?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 12:20:57 -0600

Up here in the North Latitudes the amount of
daylight has decreased and the sun rises
less high in the sky.
It occured to me that the color temperature
would now be generally lower than during the
other seasons. A check with a color meter
confirmed my  suspicion.

5090 K  today Dec 19 at noon on a bright but overcast day.

the following were made throughout the day on  December /1/98

10:05 AM
4950 K
sky clear blue& sunny

11:41 AM
5000 K

1:20 pm
sunny
4940K

2:30 pm
wispy clouds+sunny
4730 K

4:06 PM
3670 K

My question is : Has anyone noticed that there is a correlation between
the decrease in color temperature and an increase in the amount of IR
during the
winter months. It it noticeable  as an increase in highlight density in
exposed film.

Phil

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]