Re: Big B&W Film

  • From: Andy Buck <buckwiet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Big B&W Film
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 05:12:44 -0700 (PDT)

---Steve Shapiro  wrote:

> I'm interested in the 8" stainless reel, yeah!
>
> S. Shapiro, Carmel, CA

I called back about it. It takes 8" wide film but only 3' lengths! But
the description of what it is makes me seem stupid it's so simple and
obvious: it's a regular 120 SS reel cut in the middle and spacer bars
welded in the middle so the spirals are 8" apart! I have a reel that
holds about 8.5', so I'm going to do the same and probably make some
PVC tanks for 'total darkness' processing, at least until I can figure
out a light proof filling and emptying method.

However, I still need a 15' (5m) reel (and tank) for 70mm - anybody
have one to sell?

Andy