Re: Horizon 202 camera

  • From: Alan & Shari Kafton <shmooze@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Horizon 202 camera
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 21:27:34 -0700

Art Chakalis wrote:

> Does anyone have any feedback on the Horizon 202 ?

I've been through a bunch of them.....count six.....and a couple of
friends have been through several to get a good one too...

I suspect the quality from the factory is deteriorating.  Defects I've
seen include:

   o light leaks
   o counter is somewhat intermittent
   o horizontal streaks at fast shutter speeds (visible only against
     even blue sky...everyone should test for this!)
   o take-up knob binds or breaks
   o shutter jams in the middle of rotation at slow speeds

Wow -- what quality!  If, however, you get a good one, they are a great
value.  I suspect most of the many EBay 202's you see for sale are
dogs.  That's why they are there.

You MUST, MUST, MUST deal with someone who will back up the sale & will
either replace the unit or refund your money.

Good luck,

--Alan