Re: Noblex 135U Questions

Joel Seaman wrote:

> Art,
>
> Manual?  Oh that thing.....I thought that that was put in for packing
> purposes....it is a joke.   In order to change, or put in a filter;
> with the camera off press the release button (as if you were taking a
> picture) and hold it down while you manually turn the lens housing which
> will turn easily....you can then let go of the release button.  The
> housing will turn 180 degrees exposing the lens.  One then feeds the
> filter through the slot.  The magnet will hold it in place against and
> around the lens.
>
> One other important thing that you should know.  The F-stops are not
> limited to whole numbers....simply set the f-stop between stops at any
> increment, 1/3   1/2 stop etc, and you are set to go.
>
> I have a mint, barely used, panolux meter for the 135U.  It is for sale
> if you are interested.  It allows fine metering control and
> automatically sets at half fstops, and also slows down the lens drum for
> differential exposures right to left, or vetically when it works like a
> graduated neutral density filter.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Joel

Joel,

I had planned to continue to use a Pentax digital spot meter . . . the
meter you have couples to the 135U . . . what did you want for it?

Thanks, Art

By the way . . . do you have any other information about the 135U that I
should be aware of.  I have high hopes for the camera . . . I used a
Horizon 202 on a recent trip . . . I'm exited about the images that came
out and I hope that the 135U will be significantly more reliable than
the Russian Horizon.

Sincerely, Art