Re: L.L. Bean!

  • From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: L.L. Bean!
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 17:54:58 +1100

>o.k. I'll stay and play awhile.
>
>L.L. Bean!  No one told me that I could get a matching camera to go with my
>new jacket!
>
>Now, Simon, didn't you just tell me that someone made a camera just for you?
>Leave that man alone, you pugnacious old fart.  Must I pay for the
>pearls of wisdom you must hold with your age and experience with my soul?
>Put it in a book, my friend.  I am sure we would find you much less
>offensive and you could preserve the science of panorama to boot.  Did he
>attack the camera or the cameraman?  Anyway, I would rather buy from
>my friends than L.L. Bean or XYZ  Photo of NYC.  Do you ever laugh?
>Well, I am here to  a  muse you, so be amused, right now!!!  Are you always
>this hard?  No, the man I met a minute ago was very sweet and charming.
>Where did he go?  Bring him back this instant!  You frighten me.
>And you never told me when the big boys let you play with your new camera
>either.
>                                                                    rambling
>muse
>                                                                     or teri,
>if you prefer

Who the hell is L.L.Bean? - a relative of Mr Bean? Some of these posts are
getting so regional/in joke/vernacular that they're incomprehensible to
many of us!
On capitalisation - try the great Liverpudlian poet, Roger McGough -

	ONCE I LIVED IN UPPER CASE
	MY LIFE INTENSELY PHALLIC
	but now i'm mostly lower
	with occasional italic–

Damn - you'll have to imagine the italic.
Andrew