Re: 6x17 on 4x5

Simon says:

> i was in cairo in 1965 working as a special on julian blaustein's "khartoum."
the unit  photographers with the five fps nikons complained to me that it
was unfair what i was doing.  i was using my 10fps high speed (6x12cm)
simon/wide which did up to 10fps, 70mm, 1440th second or less, bracketed
during run and had 100ft roll of film. hulcher built this for me in 1964.
price of  mods equaled camera itself. to the unit photog i replied "all
right, i'll hold it  down to five fps."  it was the right thing to do.

In my neighborhood, you don't have to look far to find one of those stickers
showing a boy, obviously based on Bill Watterson's Calvin, urinating on the
logo of another car manufacturer. Mostly you see "piss on Ford" stickers on
Chevies, and vice versa. These appear alongside equally clever and
provocative stickers, such as "no fear" and "bad boys club." Hoo yah.

If you really want to show off your power and prowess, you can probably
still get hot-rod flame decals from Epson and stick them on your simon/wide.
Otherwise, you're wasting bandwidth that would be better used for sincere
requests and helpful responses about photography.

-- Amanda Chase
amandachase@xxxxxxxxxxx