Re: How to subscribe to Panorama-L(ist) from a new account

  • From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@xxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: How to subscribe to Panorama-L(ist) from a new account
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:56:55 +0100

On 13 Jan 00 at 20:22, WillMall@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Greetings panoramists, panoramens, panoramageeks, panonerds, interested
> others, and Simon -
>
> I apologize for wasting bandwidth for an administrative question, but I have
> exhausted all of the directions that I received when first subscribing to the
> list.  I am in the process of changing Internet Service Providers and I can't
> seem to successfully subscribe to the list from the new account.  Has the
> e-mail address or procedure for accomplishing this changed in the last couple
> of years?  Could someone please tell me (either on the list or by e-mail) the
> currently correct procedure?

You better print out the below message, and never get lost in
Cyberland again, at least not for any of the photo mailinglists:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Check my homepage for the link to the PhotoForum site,
where you can find a large overview of photo related mailinglists:

http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mainpage.htm

This PhotoForum site also offers a nifty 'mailto:' -form for direct
subscription, and more important: with the same ease for
unsubscribing....the fastest way to unsubscribe a dozen of lists
shortly before going on holiday....any other method is tedious at
best.
Store that URL, and you'll never be searching for either command or
list-address related to any list....it's all on one page.

Further down my homepage you will also find links to general
overviews of mailinglists (more than just photo-related).
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Does anyone have any experience with the french rotating panorama camera that
> uses Nikon 35mm lenses from 24mm to 50mm on 120 film?  The website has some
> very interesting photography done with this camera.  I am surprised that the
> 35mm Nikon lenses cover so much of the 120 film size.  Could most modern 35mm
> lenses cover as large a film area as the Nikons?  Comments?

Any 35mm lens will do at least 43.26mm (the diagonal of a 24x36mm
frame), most a few mm more. Considering that even swing-lens cameras
have a 50mm tall frame (due to requirements to keep the film on the
rails, even in a curve), that's only a few mm less than normal.
Also note that for Super Roundshot's this is a factory
constellation....35mm lenses on 120 film.

(posted & mailed)

--
Bye,

Willem-Jan Markerink