RE: list of permits required etc. Re: National Parks & Tripods

  • From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: list of permits required etc. Re: National Parks & Tripods
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 19:50:52 +1100

>At 08.17 9.3.2000 -0500, you wrote:
>>Folks,
>>
>>You can add to your list all of the parks in the city of Chicago.
>>Especially the lake front ones.
>
>What should one say? Americans are crazy.
>
>Ari P.

Just ask yourselves - is that the best of all possible worlds? American
friend of mine decided to take out Australian citizenship (finally) when
she saw a senior state politician (State Premier - equivalent of a US State
Governor) who was seriously unpopular with a significant proportion of the
population (Jeff Kennett for those who know of him) walking his dog down a
busy street without benefit of bodyguard, police escort, or any other kind
of protection apart from the dog. He went unmolested apart from occasional
shouts of support or good natured condemnation.
We've got some really nice parks in Oz, folks - no permit required.
See you soon!
Andrew