Re: Exact fl of lenses... 220 VR

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Exact fl of lenses... 220 VR
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:58:06 -0400

At 07:12 AM 6/14/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>All this work just to figure out how to use a camera
>that costs *that* much? Unbelievable. For that much
>money, I'd expect to set it up and use it, or at
>least, find complete instructions and charts included.
>IMMHO!
>

>>          So for me, its boiled down to an
>> estimate....  Sure wish this was
>> in the manual?  Bottom line, .05mm is a unrealistic
>> goal, and even .1mm will
>> only reproduce itself at the shutterspeed it was
>> tested at.
>>
>>       Anyone have a different experience?

Guys,
Where do these fractional FL differences become a real-world problem?  Do
you need a magnifier to see them in side by side evaluations with a fine
optic on a stationary lens camera?  Or do they jump out at you like the
difference between 35mm and 6 x 6?

AZ

Lookaround Panoramic Camera and Gallery:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/

Bob Talbot's Vagabond Camera web page
 http://www.st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk/vagabond/