Re: levels

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: levels
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 13:04:58 -0400

At 08:46 AM 6/14/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>To the group,
>
>I am building a 6x16 "longfellow" pan camera and am looking for a nice
>level. The plastic Stanley bullseye, available at any hardware store would
>do, but I would like something smaller - and "nicer".
>
>Along the same lines, can anyone steer me to a teaspoon or so of 600 grit
>carborundum; I want to make a 3"x7" ground glass. The only easy source I
>have found is Edmund Scientific; $20 + S+H for more than I will ever need.
>
>Stan Patz   NYC

Stan,

Edmonds has levels at about the same price you will pay elsewhere.  Can you
use pumice - available in hardware and paint stores to grind glass? How
about a lapidary supply?

AZ

Lookaround Panoramic Camera and Gallery:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/

Bob Talbot's Vagabond Camera web page
 http://www.st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk/vagabond/