RE: Roundshot Scanning

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Roundshot Scanning
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:46:34 -0400

At 11:38 AM 8/18/2000 +1000, you wrote:
>I do recommend people use 35mm film scanners for 35mm panoramic shots unless
>you
>want to spend big.  You'll need extra stitching via Photoshop or other
>software,
>but the scan quality would far exceed many high end flatbeds.  35 mm
>scanners with
>2700 dpi or even 4000 dpi are cheap to obtain.  For critical images you
>would have
>to pay for drum scan services anyway.
>
>ZX

ZX,
Which 35mm film scanners can handle film longer than 6" or wider than 28mm?

AZ

New b/w street pans 8/8/00
Lookaround Panoramic Camera and Gallery:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/

Bob Talbot's Vagabond Camera web page
 http://www.st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk/vagabond/

Where's the camera? http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/passcam.html