Re: Scanners

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe McCary" <mccary@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <panorama-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: September 19, 2000 8:28 AM
Subject: Re: Scanners

> > I will be scanning 6x7 and 645 trannies for Internet, and some prepress
> > work.  Does anyone have any experience which might help?
> >
> > Yes I would like an Imacon....
>

> I had the same need a while back and could not afford (still can't) an
> expensive scanner for images needed to send to the net.  I took a chance and
> bought an Epson 1200U Photo Scanner.  It cost me $250 on the net.  It does a
> great job of this delimited use.  Have a look at my website if you want to
> see...
>
> Joe McCary
> Photo Response
>
> www.photoresponse.com

I can add my support to the Epson 1200U as well.  I purchased one a few months
ago and have been quite pleased.  In direct comparisons I have done with the HP
film scanner it's obvious that it doesn't have the same resolution at max dpi.
Larger transparencies up to 4x5 look great, but I have no way to directly
compare anything other than 35mm.  The price is definitely right.

Allen Lefebvre

View the photography of Allen Lefebvre at:
http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/alefe/