RE: Quality of prints from digital files on photo paper

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Quality of prints from digital files on photo paper
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:46:56 -0400

At 09:44 PM 10/19/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>At 9:29 PM -0400 10/19/00, Alan Zinn wrote:
>>
>>Too bad you didn't get to see some good digital prints. They are out there.
>>True, there are those who insist that a d-print on glossy stock looks just
>>like a silver print. I haven't seen one of those yet.
>
>I think they're impressive in how much they've improved in a short
>period of time but they're still not comparable.
>
>I've been taking digital pics and modifying them so that they
>look like photoetching and then printing them out onto watercolor/art
>paper.  Just started it and I'm really happy with the results so far.

Gregory,

I had fun doing that too with scanned color negs. It seems to me that
digital variants can be a perfectly legitimate and unique method for making
art on a par with traditional methods. I ran off a bunch of very light (10%)
color pics on good water color paper to serve as "sketches" for friends who
do regular water colors. They were wowed by that.

AZ

New b/w street pans - 10/1/00
Lookaround Panoramic Camera and Gallery:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/
keyword.com: lookaround

Where's the camera? http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/passcam.html