Panoramic Photo Exhibit at RIT invitation possibly

  • From: ADavidhazy <ANDPPH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Panoramic Photo Exhibit at RIT invitation possibly
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 22:14:28 -0500 (EST)

Fellow Panoramicists  (!)

I am trying to ascertain whether there is a slim chance that it may be possible
to hold a curated exhibition of panoramic photographs in the gallery of the
School of Photographic Arts and Sciences this coming April or 2001.

In order for this to happen, and an invitation actually to be extended for all
to participate, I need to share with you some of the realities of the
situation:

1. I have no money to fund this at all.

If we are still on talking terms then it would be useful if I could get an idea
of how many of you would be interested in participating ... remembering I have
no funds to cover any expenses ... meaning I can not pay for shipping either
way nor frame nor insure for shipping damages, etc. (While hanging the images
would be insured).

In order for me to know how many individuals would be interested in
participating (and, please, don't tell me I am being unfair, cheap, etc. ... I
am trying to make the best of an opportunity and recognize that this may not be
seen like that by anyone else but me) I am suggesting you let me know by way of
an autoresponder process I have installed to help me assess the situation.

If you are interested please follow these instructions:

1. prepare an email addressed to:       ritphoto@xxxxxxx
2. on the Subject line state:           panorama
3. in the body of the message:          what you would send ... piece(s), size
4. send it

By autoreply you will simply get an acknolwedgement of receipt of your message.
Based on the response I will then decide if this is a doable exhibition. BTW,
"curated" would mean not only meeting an exhibition's quality criterion but
also because if there is an overwhelming response it may be impossible to
accomodate everyone and then tough choices would have to be made.

If you are uniterested or if I have offended you in any way, please accept my
apologies for this posting.

regards,

Andrew  o o  0 0 o . o  Davidhazy, Imaging and Photo Tech
         \/\/\/\/\/\/          http://www.rit.edu/~andpph