Re: How do you make a panorama Photo?

  • From: belial <belial@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: How do you make a panorama Photo?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:21:32 -0800

Peter,

the question is what your panorama is for.

stitching option give you much, much higher resolution, but it require more
work, causing a lot of problem if you shoting moving obj's and if is going
on the web (as usual) it need to be shrink anyway.

So the question is: do I want to do panoramas as an art form or for more
commercial purpose.

Hardware cost usually is similar - pano-head Vs. 360lens. (OK, lens is a bit
more expensive, sometimes more than a bit). Price of software can make a
difference. (Stitching option is cheaper). I guess, if you like to play with
image processing, stitching gives you more fun, but your producer (probably)
will be happier with fast "one shot".

belial