Re: The times sure have changed, fast!

  • From: mattfish <mattfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: The times sure have changed, fast!
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:57:52 +0000

ADavidhazy <ANDPPH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> My suggestion would be to use the correct tool for any given job.
Photographing
> a marathon with a panning camera is not perfect either as the possibility of
> interaction between the scanning camera and the moving subjects does exist.
>
> So, the two systems ... or three or four for making panoramic images will be
> with us for some time. My suggestion is we learn to understand the potential
> and the limitations of each.

     Nod.  It has interested me how it is assumed that "new" technology will
always replace "old" technology.  Digital or film, stitching or swing lens,
most processes will have strengths and weaknesses that can be exploited or
avoided by the photographer.  People still use pencils and paints to do
wonderful things although they could probably do something very similar with
a computer.