Re: scanning of 35 mm panorama negs

  • From: Jeff Foster <jncfoster@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: scanning of 35 mm panorama negs
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 08:56:59 -0800

> Apart from the hp s20 scanner , does anyone know of any other neg scanner
> able to scan 35 mm panorama negs ?

I like my UMAX Astra6450 - it has a good-size area for transparency scans at
a decent resolution.  I got it when I had my Roundshot and needed 6' scans -
PLUS, it's FireWire!  Really fast for huge scans...

The downside is the gawd-aweful broken turd they call software that comes
with it - ACK!  I'm still looking for a better driver solution with more
controls... demo-ing a few at the moment.

Good luck!

Jeff

J E F F   F O S T E R
D i g i t a l   I m a g i c i a n  &  P h o t o g r a p h e r
http://www.pixelpainter.com

A u t h o r: "Photoshop Web Magic" series (New Riders Pub.)
http://www.photoshopwebmagic.com