Re: scanning of 35 mm panorama negs

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: scanning of 35 mm panorama negs
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:07:13 -0800

At 02:44 PM 3/16/01 +1100, you wrote:
>Apart from the hp s20 scanner , does anyone know of any other neg scanner
able to scan 35 mm panorama negs ?

________________________
I am very pleased with my Umax PLIII. I print only for myself and don't have
to hurry.  If you have commercial needs and require large prints you might
need something far more expensive. Everything on my web pages is done with
it and I have just done my first all-digital show and the image quality was
thought to be excellent by those who would know.
http://gfn2.gfn.org/buckham/marchshow.html

The reasons I like the Umax is that very long negs can be draped across the
bed without splicing. The limited DPI may not be an issue if you don't need
very large (taller than 8in.) prints. Also you can use Genuine Fractals.
I have had no trouble with the software although learning how to use it best
has been a steep road.

AZ
Maker of Lookaround panoramic camera.

New photos for Feb.: Take the Circle Line Tour
www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/8874/
         or
keyword.com lookaround