Re: The times sure have changed, fast!

  • From: Joe McCary <mccary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: The times sure have changed, fast!
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 12:06:24 -0500

Robert, I may come to this thread from two sides.  I have done many
commercial stitched panoramas and use a swing lens Noblex as well.  WHY?
Well, the short answer is that neither system offers ALL the answers.  I
like the stitched together panoramas ( from small angles to the entire 360°)
they do well for their intended purpose, the Internet.  I have also printed
on paper several images and love those as well, BUT when it comes to the art
side of the panorama debate I pickup my Noblex.  I am committed to digital
photography in the commercial side (I use a Nikon D1 extensively, and also
shoot film), but on the personal side I still use film in 3 formats.  I
don't see Panoramas as a place where one side wins and the other side is
lost forever.  I see the two sides (film & digital) as coexisting happily.

Joe McCary