Re: Stop action better with digital camera than revolving camera

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Stop action better with digital camera than revolving camera
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 17:07:11 -0800

At 11:25 AM 3/16/01 -0800, you wrote:
>What convinced me was my own side by side comparison
>of shooting the same subject.
>
>My shooting with a digital camera is vastly superior
>to stoping action than a rotation camera such as the
>Roundshot. With a digital camera I shoot the
>background and the action seperatly and combine them
>in the computer with a simple copy and paste command.
>
>Go to:
>http://WWW.panoramic.net/Documents/store/images/Hill1artThumb.jpg
> for a sample. The three girls are realy the same one
>pasted three times.
>
>With digital I can also make a busy street apear empty
>
>http://www.panoramic.net/store/images/KWDuvalStThumb.jpg
>
>As far as resolution goes, my two mega pixel camera
>wins. Yes, film holds more information. The problem is
>getting that information off the film. Prints from
>enlargers loose info, film scans suffer even more.
>
>:-)
>Bob

Bob,
The image is very small to tell the quality. The sky looks pasted-in also.
Why don't you post a detail? Also, as long as I'm being a skeptical %#&# , I
know that what counts are results and once you are off into PhotoShop Land
you can do any darn thing with montage but that still does not make it
state-of the-art photogrpahy.

AZ
Maker of Lookaround panoramic camera.

New photos for Feb.: Take the Circle Line Tour
www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/8874/
         or
keyword.com lookaround