RE: The times sure have changed, fast!

  • From: scantech <scantech.pano@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: The times sure have changed, fast!
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:25:41 +0100

Dear G.L.L.,
I'm sorry you feel that way about panoramic photography.
It's quite obvious you don't know or understand the variety of
panoramics in demand within the industry.
Digital pans can supply only a very small part of the needs.
I suggest you return and learn, unless you expect
to spend the rest of your life in front of a computer
screen stitching and reviewing static low res panos.
Mark Segal

 I am GLL and I don't speak English very well : so perhaps my mail was not
clear (that is what I understood when  reading answers to my mail).

To be clear (I hope) , I prefer  360° panoramic cameras like Rounshot or
Voyageur than stitching small pictures together because I need to be free
during the shot : I don't want to be annoyed by technical calculations when
I need to be concentrated on the picture that I want to make. Is it possible
with stitching ?  (How many  pictures to make a panorama ? Must I think to
all the moving objets, peoples and to the weather ,clouds on the sun, water
in the rivers , wave on the sea , etc etc ) ?

Of course, every tool has its advantages , as said David Hibbeln

Friendly

G.L.L