Re: The times sure have changed, fast!

  • From: scantech <scantech.pano@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: The times sure have changed, fast!
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:26:40 +0100

> Dear G.L.L.,
> I'm sorry you feel that way about panoramic photography.
> It's quite obvious you don't know or understand the variety of
> panoramics in demand within the industry.
> Digital pans can supply only a very small part of the needs.
> I suggest you return and learn, unless you expect
> to spend the rest of your life in front of a computer
> screen stitching and reviewing static low res panos.
> Mark Segal

  I am GLL and I don't speak English very well : so perhaps my mail was not
 clear (that is what I understood when  reading answers to my mail).

 To be clear (I hope) , I prefer  360° panoramic cameras like Rounshot or
 Voyageur than stitching small pictures together because I need to be free
 during the shot : I don't want to be annoyed by technical calculations when
 I need to be concentrated on the picture that I want to make. Is it
possible
 with stitching ?  (How many  pictures to make a panorama ? Must I think to
 all the moving objets, peoples and to the weather ,clouds on the sun, water
 in the rivers , wave on the sea , etc etc ) ?

 Of course, every tool has its advantages , as said David Hibbeln

 Friendly

 G.L.L