Re: horizont

  • From: Richard <ramsup@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: horizont
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 21:52:02 +1000

skip crawford wrote:

> i recently got a horizont and it seems to have a leak in the shutter on one
> end of exposures  a dark vert band nearly at end of negs  has anyone
> experienced this and do ya know solution
>
> skip

Skip,
The problem is most likely the light proofing velvet on the sides of the
drum. I had this problem with an old chrome Horizont. I dismantled
the camera, replaced the foam backed velvet and the problem was solved.
In my camera the backing foam had deteriorated with age and the velvet
was greasy and full of dust so that the velvet no longer contacted the
drum and let light through on to the film. If you are used to working
with fine mechanical things its not too big a job. Just mind the spring
at the bottom of the camera.
Richard